Sunday, January 2, 2011

Adios 2010....Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.

I will just warn you that his post is obnoxiously long!  You may die of boredom or fall asleep while reading.  If you are on FB then you already know most of it.

2010 is not a year I am going to miss.  I think all five us will be glad to see it go.  Although, our move from Tennessee to Florida was technically at the end of 2009.....reality didn't hit until the boys had to start school.  It has been a very hard adjustment for the whole family and we aren't sure how long we will be here.

Here are some highlights from the year (we are just going to ignore the lows).....

 I got to see some of my friends from high school at a mini-reunion.
This is me with Ami and Jenn.


Chris ran a road race in Tennessee in February and he dropped us off "at home" in Maryville so we could hang out with some of the people we love!
 Mason and his best friend Caleb.   They really missed each other!

 This is Tucker with Asher Morgan.  Asher and Tuck were buddies when we lived in Tennessee.  I think they missed each other:)
Mason and his best friend, Cannon.  Doing what boys love best....video games!



 We got together to give Shannon a little surprise 40th birthday celebration.  I am happy to report that she was truly surprised.  Shannon is so special to me......she is one of the people I know will love me no matter what.  I would not be who I am if God had not put her in my life.
 The girls...well, most of them.  In order...Madeline, Angie, Me, Shelly, Chelsey, and in front....Shannon, and Tracy.
 Shane with Drew and Matthew....probably prank calling some innocent people.
 Tucker's very first year playing baseball.  He did an amazing job.  
 The Leonard cousins playing in the park on our Easter trip to Texas.  We just went for the weekend...so it was a quick trip. 

My wild niece, Rebecca!

 Easter at the Saltgrass Steakhouse.  Yum!
 We are not big fans of Florida...but we could not have moved to a better street.  We have wonderful neighbors.  This is Mason and Jace sword fighting.  I am sure adding 3 boys to the street has added to the noise!
 Tucker, Chris and Mason ran a 5k and Mason came in 3rd in his age division.  Those long legs are serving him well.
 Stretching.  Shane and I watched from the sidelines.  We do our best work there.
 Mason's first grade play.  He was a very manly ladybug.
 Me with Alma (or as Shane used to call her, Elmo).  She and Mark finally got married.  Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Rodriguez!
 We have spent a lot of time at the Pensacola Beach this year.  This is Shane and Chris hanging out in our spot.
 My teenager.
 Mason has turned into quite the little fish.
 Tuck-man
 We drove to Long Island for the 4th of July.  We do that every other year.  Most of my cousin's and my favorite Aunt and Uncle live there.  Chris brother, Dan, and his family moved there a few years ago.
 The Chris and Dan Redman boys.
 And....Chris and Dan Redman
 My cousin, Kate, and my aunt and uncle got me a 40th birthday cake!  It made me feel so much better about being 40:)  It was Carvel.....I am pretty sure it has been many years since I have had one.
 We got to see Aunt Pat and Uncle George on our visit.  The last time we saw them was at my dad's funeral....so it was really good to get to see them again.  Uncle George is my dad's brother.  There is 14 years(I think) difference between them and they didn't live in the same house long....but my uncle reminds me of my dad.
 Getting some of the little ones ready for the pool.
 My mom went too!  This is my mom, Aunt Geri, Uncle Ron and my cousin, Ken.
 This is a picture of all of the girl cousins and aunts who could make it.  And Danny, Ed's son, in the front.
 My Uncle Ron, who is also my godfather, and me.

 I got to ride a Harley!  My first time since I was about 9.  I was scared but I loved it!
 Ken taking Shane for a ride.  He took Mason, too...but I didn't get a picture of that.  Ken wins coolest cousin award...hands down!
 Tucker, Chris Sparacino, and my Chris playing football in the pool.

 Mason and his cousin, Danny.  Ken gave them doo-rags...and they think they are biker's now:)
 This is not all of the cousin's but it was all of the cousin's I could get together at that moment.  Why do I always wait until the end of the night to do stuff like that?  It was Paige's 7th birthday and she is ready to party!
 Kelly, Sami and Shane.  My kids LOVE going to Long Island because all three of them have someone their age to hang out with.  That doesn't happen anywhere else we go.
 We hung out with Abe in Gettysburg on the way home from NY.

 So many cool things to look at.
 Jonathon and Zach with Mason at his 8th birthday party.
 We got to go on a Cruise with Dan and Kara.  That is the very first time we have left the boys for longer than a weekend...or gone farther than a couple of hours away.  It was much needed.  With four kids at home I am pretty sure that Kara and Dan needed it as much as we did.

 Chris and Dan diving into water that they were only supposed to be knee deep in.  Rebels.
 The guys got to drive a jeep in Mexico!  It was awesome and I got sunburned.  Chris wants a jeep now.
 Chris trying on some shells.
 The people who were at our table.
 At the ruins in Progresso.  After we got back I heard that Progresso is very dangerous.  Good to know.
 Hanging out at a bar with Kara...drinking SODA.  Yes, for real!  I would not have made it through the last couple of years without her.  I miss her:(
 My awesome family kept the boys while we were on the cruise.  We are so blessed to have a family that we can always count on to have our backs.  After the cruise I drove to Texas to get the boys.  This is me with sweet Mia.
 Taylor and her blankie.
 Shane.....enough said.
 Taylor and Shane
 The girls are trying to steal my cellphone.  They are so cute I just give up and give it to them.
 As always, we went to Sheryle's.  Hito grilled fajita's and Sheryle made all the fixin's.  THEY WERE SO DELICIOUS.  This is a pic of all of the boys.
 Jolie.....truly the definition of cute and sassy.
 Tucker playing football in Florida for the first time.  It was SO hot.  I don't know how he did it with all of that equipment on.  I could barely sit in the bleacher's in a tank top and shorts.
 #44...he calls himself  "the beast".  He has never had a problem with confidence.


In October, some of our best friends in Tennessee came to visit.  It was quite literally a gift from God.  We had all been feeling so sad and really missing Maryville and they showed up.  I can't begin to tell you how much we needed it.
 Hunter and Tucker.  One of Tuck's very first best friends in Maryville.

 Sweet Olivia Kelly

All of the kids....have a great time.  It was the most beautiful day.

 Mattie and Mason.  Mason has wanted to marry her since he was born.  Thankfully, he does have a few other prospects.....because Mattie isn't so sure.

 LOVE YOU, Tracy and Shelly!  You guys coming here was exactly what we needed.  So, come again soon!  The beach is calling your names.

Shane and Olivia

 Two weeks later the boys and I went to Tennessee (Chris couldn't get off work).  We got to go to the Maryville Rebels game with the Morgan's.

 The boys got to hang out with their friends....and I got to hang out with mine.

 Tucker and one of his best friends, Daniel.  We went to eat at Pancho's with some of our friends from Dotson Memorial Baptist Church.


Last, but not least.  This is a picture of Mason and his teacher at the class Halloween party.  Mason dressed up like a storm trooper.

We didn't do much the rest of the year.....and I am trying to slow down a little on the picture taking.   Staying in Florida for Thanksgiving wasn't our first choice but we had traveled too much.  And because I was too chicken to take on cooking for the holiday...we went to Cracker Barrel.  I have to say it was pretty good.

Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment