Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My FAVORITE Month of the Year

Fall Break was spent in beautiful Indian Boundary campground.  It is our favorite camping destination!  We had a huge group of friends up there with us and all the boys were in heaven.  I do not think I appreciated these people enough when I lived close to them......love, love, love them.  Every single one of them.
While camping with our BFF's is wonderful....I am not sure it is good for our mental health.  It always takes us a couple of weeks to recover.  We miss everyone so much that it is a reminder of what we are missing out on.  It takes 2 years to get used to a "new home".  Or, so they say.  So, we just have about 19 months before we don't feel such a huge hole in our hearts.  On the other hand....camping is some of the best times we spend as a family...so we are not willing to give it up.
Here are some pics.....
















Mason wanted to go hiking so we went over to Monte Sano Mountain in Huntsville....and hiked.  Chris and Mason left me and Tucker in the woods and we were pretty sure we were going to die alone in the woods.  It was Blair Witch Project 2011.  They finally came back and Tucker and I swore we would never hike again!  It was pretty......but I'm kinda lazy.


 This is what Tucker and I do when we get bored in the woods......lol


Mason has run a couple of 5k's before but last weekend he ran his first ever Trail Run!  Chris ran it with him and he said that Mason didn't stop once.  We were so, so proud of him.  He loves to run :)  You would think after that he would need to rest....but no....he played outside the rest of the day.






 This is not Maryville.....but at least we have mountains close to the house.


Yesterday, after school, I took the boys to take their pictures.  I think I am going to try to do Shane's senior pictures myself and we are well overdue for pictures of all three boys.  All of the boys need haircuts so I will probably try again next week  I am going to get some software to help me edit them but here is a couple.....




Hope your all having a GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment