Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

We did it!  For a couple of weeks there I wasn't sure I was going to make it out with my sanity.  I think my hair is coming out from stress (really!).  Literally, I'm a little worried about my hair.
I was really nervous about the movers.  I have heard all kinds of stories about them taking forever and taking 2 hours for lunch.  Our movers never stopped moving!  They packed and loaded the truck in one day, it took 11 hours, and they didn't even stop for lunch.  We grabbed some Subway for them and they all grabbed a sandwich and kept moving.  We sat down all day and were exhausted from just watching them. They were joking around with us and it was a good day. The head mover was a smart aleck and I love sarcasm, so we got along very well.
I did not think they would get all of that stuff on the truck.  At the end they had to pull out this "shelf" from the bottom of the truck and built a tower of our stuff on the outside.

We stayed at the house until about 10 pm and cleaned and cleaned.  Tucker spent the night with his BFF Austin in Florida and went to school the next day.  We figured since there were special circumstances that we would give in this time.  The rest of us went to stay at the Holiday Inn for the night.  We got up and the boys went to school and I went to work.  It was the last day of preschool so I felt like I needed to be there that day.  Chris got the big job of finishing the cleaning.  He did a great job...that place was spotless.  A whole lot cleaner than when we moved in!
Tucker got home from school.....with about seven 13 year old boys coming over to say "bye."  Our neighbors the Swails came to say goodbye to us:(  Shane's friend Ashley brought him home from school.  Then we drove off from the place that holds way more bad memories than it does good memories.  Alleluia!
We spent the night at Chris' apartment and got to the new house about 8 a.m.  Ahhhh....we are here!
 Hanging out while the movers do all of the work
 Mason played legos around the dolly
Here it is!

Now the fun begins....unpacking.  Shane transfered with Publix and called them as soon as we got here.  We arrived in Alabama Friday night and Shane started work at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning.  He didn't waste any time getting to work.  The boys got all of their rooms done the first day.  Shane and Mason did all of their rooms by themselves.  Tucker had to be "encouraged" to do his ;)  
Mason has already made friends.  There are kids his age all over the street.  Shane is working with other kids his age that go to the same school and I think that will help him.  We are just waiting for Tucker to put the PS3 down for 5 minutes and go outside!  I've even already made a friend...I'm sure it is because of my winning personality.  Which, by the way, is completely different from Charlie Sheen's "winning" personality.

Chris and Tucker went back to Florida for a deep sea fishing trip with Chris' TN friends.  Shane was invited but didn't want to go :(  Tucker caught the first fish and also the 2nd biggest fish of the day.  He caught 7 Red Snappers.  Chris only caught 4.  They got to see a 6 foot shark up close!  Very cool for Tuck's first trip.  
He is so proud.  We grilled them and ate them last night.  They were so good but Tucker wouldn't eat them.  Pickiest eater ever!
Shane has his ACT on Saturday....we pray he does well the first time!  We are taking Mason to JC to stay with Aunt Tammy while Shane, Tucker and I go on a mission trip with our church in TN.  Shane has done this several years but Tucker and I have never done it and are really excited!  We will be back home the next week and the Kelly's might be coming to stay with us.  Yay!  There will actually be room for visitors in this house!

1 comment:

  1. Tammy just told me you have a family blog, so I will able to follow now. Welcome to Alabama!